Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What I get up at 3:00 AM for....

At 3:00 AM on July 4 I got up.   Why in the world would anyone get up that early on a holiday?  Sane normal people would be enjoying a day off from work and sleeping in.   This Forth of July I got up, ate a quick breakfast, gathered my camera gear and drove to meet Harold Ross.  The two of us drove to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to be there at 6:15 for this.


Sunrise from Newfound Gap Road, NC

I'd say it was worth missing a few hours sleep to capture a dawn of a new day in the mountains.

We spent the rest of the day driving around the park and the Blue Ridge Parkway shooting streams, waterfalls, and wildflowers.   I enjoyed spending the day with a great Christian and photographer.   I'll post a few more photos from the day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment