Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Top 10 for 2011

It's kind of fun to look back over the past year and go through photos that I've taken.  It's like remembering a lot of great times with my favorite people.  I just went through all my 2011 photos that I had posted in my gallery and picked 10.   I didn't agonize over the selections so it only took about 15 minutes to create a new gallery called Top 10 of 2011.

Some things I found interesting and maybe a bit surprising when I got down to 10:
  • There are no lake, stream, waterfall or reflection photos.  This has always been my favorite subject to photograph and there are a lot of them in my web site.  In fact, I've created a special gallery for those photos.
  • Two out of ten were pictures of wildlife.  I've not taken many wildlife photos in the past but am getting to where I enjoy the challenge.
  • Half of the top ten were taken on a photo workshop with Bill Fortney, Matt Kloskowski, and other great photographers.   A workshop is perhaps the best investment that can be made in your photography.
  • Two were taken while on a family vacation to Hilton Head SC.  The beach is my least favorite place to visit but I always seem to come away with some nice photos.
  • One was taken in my front yard.  Just goes to show you don't have to go far for inspiration and subjects.
  • Every one of these photos was taken with someone along with me.  Either with other photographers in the workshop, with Harold Ross on a trip to the Smokies, or with my bride, who is my favorite person to have with me when photographing.
I hope you enjoy these ten.  Drop me a note and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment