Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Little Dry Spell

Fall is past and we're in the part of winter where it is difficult to make myself get out a shoot.   There are no flowers, little color, and just not a lot growing around here.   I did see some confused blooming Rhododendrons in Kingsport yesterday, but I suspect those buds froze last night.   Winter can be a magical time with many opportunities for photography when it snows, but we're not there yet.  Given the recent weather patterns I don't know if we will see much in the way of snow this year.  As a result, I haven't taken any landscape, nature, or outdoor photos.

Without new materials I've gone back to some photos taken earlier in the year.   This one was taken on July 4, but it really could be any time of year.   What do you think of when you look at this photo?   Wonder where the door goes?  What about that mysterious foggy scene outside the window?  Do you think about how old the weathered wood and hardware seem to be?

Because I was there I know the answers to all these questions, but I think the photo is better not explained.  Sometimes we need a little mystery and don't need to know everything.

"Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand."   Neil Armstrong


No comments:

Post a Comment