Sunday, October 16, 2011

What a Way To End a Week

I'm sitting in the Bangor International Airport waiting on USAir to fly me home.   If everything works according to plan I'll be home by midnight.   Today was the last day of a fantastic 8-day photo workshop.   I have learned a lot in eight days and more than that, I've made a lot of new friends from all over the US.   It was a privilege to have the opportunity to spend a week with two dozen great Christians making photos of God's Creation.   I'll be glad to be home, but am sorry to see it end.

To wrap the workshop up we went to Otter Cliffs in Acadia National Park for sunrise.  God provided perfect conditions (AGAIN!) and I was able to try out a new technique or two.   In this photo the sun was up and bright, but I was able to add two neutral density filters to my lens to get a 30 second exposure.   This long exposure made the waves hitting the rocks turn into fog.  The beach is covered with round polished pink granite rocks which captured the beautiful light of sunrise. 


Canon 7D, Tamron 17-50 @ f/20, 30 second exposure.

I now have a few thousand images to go through when I get home.   As I send the next several weeks working on these photos it will remind me of the great time and great fellowship on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment