Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fly The Flag High

This was taken on September 10, 2011 in Marion Virginia.   The Marion Fire Department was honoring those who lost their lives on 9/11/01 and those who continue to put their lives on the line each and every day.   

Remember to honor the soldiers who server abroad, those who serve at home and our local Police Officers and Fire Fighters that serve us each and every day.

Click for larger version

This was taken with a Canon 7D, Tamron 17-50, 1/25 second.   The aperture was set at f/25 to get the sunburst.   Used Lightroom to darken the sky (was very blown out) and remove some lens flare caused by shooting into the sun.   I was lucky enough to be there when the sun was shining through the trees on the flag.

I'm also lucky enough to have a wife who encourages me and points out shots for me to take.   She makes me a better photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment