Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blessed By New Friends

This week I have the privilege of spending 8 days in a photography workshop in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont with some of the best instructors around and and a couple dozen outstanding photographers.   After three days I have found my photography has already started to improve and I'm learning a great many things that will help me to continue to improve. 

This evening Matt Kloskowski spent some time running our group through some great tips on using Adobe Lightroom, plus some on Photoshop and Nik Color Efex 4.   I couldn't wait to try out what I learned.  Even though I got up at 4:30 this morning to head out for sunrise and have to get up at 5:00 tomorrow to do it all over again, I came back to my room to try out my new skills editing one of the images I took today.   Here's the end result.


I'm pretty pleased with the end result.  Here's one I took yesterday morning.


Besides being an opportunity to improve my photography, this trip is also an opportunity to make a lot of new friends who are all great people.   I am blessed to be able to spend time with these folks in this vibrant fall season in New England.  I'm looking forward to getting up in 7 hours to start all over again.

Be sure to check out Bill Fortney's blog where he is chronicling each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment