Thursday, February 27, 2014

Learning From A Master Photographer

Bill Fortney is one of the best photographers I know, a great teacher, and an even better person.   I've come to know Bill from attending his programs at Wilderness Wildlife Week in Severville Tennessee each year and several of his workshops.   I also regularly read his blog The Pilgrim's Chronicles for photographic and Christian inspiration. 

One of the photographic techniques Bill teaches is what he call extraction.  This is finding "the interesting details, the parts of the scene that may get lost in the over all scene."   Bill posted an article on it on his blog this week and I realized I had some photos similar to what Bill had taken.  That's when I knew I had not only learned something but retained it!

So, here's my tribute to my teacher Bill Fortney.






Thank you Bill.

2 comments:

  1. Changing blog settings to no longer require a Google+ account to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say the fact I am very stunned at what you informed. You discuss plenty of exciting details, nice and outstanding style you have got here. It’s certainly one of the most useful things on this subject I’ve ever study.

    ReplyDelete