Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sometimes You Just Get Lucky

I wish I could say I planned this photo, picked the right time of day, hired a model, and made it all come together.  I can't.   What I can say is I was at Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul South Korea with thousands of others who were there to celebrate Buddha's Birthday.  I thought the walkway with the red columns and beautifully painted ceiling was interesting and worth a minute to take a couple shots.   I used the lens I had on the camera (24-105mm) walked a few steps and started to shoot a few shots.  Then this lady in historic costume walked into the scene and down the walkway.   She made what was going to be an mediocre photo into something that told a story.  She doesn't know it but she made my photo.


Sometimes you just get lucky.   I'll take it every time.

We returned from our Korean travels two weeks ago today and I am still working through the images from that trip.   I've reduced the 3,000+ images down to 1,162 and am about 15% of the way through.   It's going to take me a long time to go through these but I'll get there.  Once done I'll put my favorites on my web site for anyone to enjoy.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment