Some things I found interesting and maybe a bit surprising when I got down to 10:
- There are no lake, stream, waterfall or reflection photos. This has always been my favorite subject to photograph and there are a lot of them in my web site. In fact, I've created a special gallery for those photos.
- Two out of ten were pictures of wildlife. I've not taken many wildlife photos in the past but am getting to where I enjoy the challenge.
- Half of the top ten were taken on a photo workshop with Bill Fortney, Matt Kloskowski, and other great photographers. A workshop is perhaps the best investment that can be made in your photography.
- Two were taken while on a family vacation to Hilton Head SC. The beach is my least favorite place to visit but I always seem to come away with some nice photos.
- One was taken in my front yard. Just goes to show you don't have to go far for inspiration and subjects.
- Every one of these photos was taken with someone along with me. Either with other photographers in the workshop, with Harold Ross on a trip to the Smokies, or with my bride, who is my favorite person to have with me when photographing.